You get a free SmartPlate device (including 3 highly precise food scales, 2 sets of trays, 1 tray holder and to-go lid), all app features, and up to 5 user accounts.
Note: Nutritional coaching is a premium add-on to the basic membership.
Absolutely! Your subscription comes with up to 5 users. So it’s perfect for the whole family. Each user can connect to any nearby SmartPlate device via Bluetooth whenever you want to track a meal.
Here is what you get:
- 1 initial call (30 mins.) with your coach to set up your profile, daily calorie goals, macro goals, and nutritional preferences
- A custom meal plan and grocery list
- Weekly accountability check-ins via the in-app chat
- Monthly progress calls (either one 30-minute call or two 15-minute calls per month)
In other words, you get the ongoing support you need to overcome obstacles and reach your goals.
Coaches are certified nutritionists. They do not provide fitness or medical advice.
SmartPlate’s setup is simple. Once you have downloaded the app:
- Create your account on the app.
- Put 2 batteries (included) inside your device.
- Connect the device to your smartphone via Bluetooth. (Follow the specific Bluetooth instructions on your phone. Most require 1 click.)
- Set up your calorie, macro, and weight goals as prompted by the app. (Note: The device has to be connected the first time you set your goals.)
Now you are ready to watch the quick how-to tutorial. So you know exactly how to track your meals.
Definitely. Using SmartPlate requires a smartphone with the ability to download the app and connect to the device via Bluetooth.
By late 2021.
Nope! When eating out, you can leave your device at home. Restaurant meals are added with a quick search in the restaurant database.
Just like with a streaming service like NetFlix, SmartPlate’s subscription model helps us continually innovate the technology. So you get even more healthy-habit-forming functionality. We also continually add to the database to improve food recognition and bring you more restaurant meal information.
You get access to all app features and functionality as long as you have an active subscription.
Nope! Because the app is designed to work with the SmartPlate scale, you need a device to use the app. That said, you don’t have to be synced to your device to log restaurant meals or to scan barcodes.
Standard shipping times range 3-5 days for the continental US and 7-8 days for Canada.
If your device malfunctions or breaks at any time up to 365 days after purchase, we will replace your hardware (the scale).
We offer a 14-day return policy for unopened devices. Due to health regulations, we cannot accept devices once opened. If opened, we will exchange defective devices. See refund terms here.
You can cancel your subscription anytime (1) from your SmartPlate store account or (2) by contacting customer service. Cancel at least 24 hours before the next renewal date to avoid being charged for the upcoming billing cycle. When you cancel, you are canceling the next billing charge. App features remain available to you until the end of your current paid subscription period.